The 2023 - 2024 Math Challenge Tournament will be held sometimes in Spring 2024. We will post updates HERE. If you'd like to receive updates from us but haven't joined our email list yet, you can do so HERE.
Fall 2022 Math Challenge Tournament®
***** Student's registration is now closed. All the best to all participating Mathletes! *****
Mark your calendar, this year's tournament will be held online on Saturday December 3, 2022. All registered students can start the test anytime between 10am - 5pm PST (Pacific Standard Time). Once students have started the test, they will have one hour to complete it in one sitting.
NOTE: For those who don’t reside in Pacific Time Zone, please convert the time accordingly.
This National tournament is open to all grade 2 – 6 students. Students in grade 1 can participate, however, they will be competing at a grade 2 division 2 level. Last year, thousands of students from various states (WA, CA, NY, MD, TN, NC, AZ, CT, PA, RI, MO, etc.) participated in this online tournament. Take a look at the list of last year's top scorers HERE.
You can also find this year's top scorers HERE.
Fall 2022 Math Challenge Tournament (MCT)
Date: Saturday December 3, 2022
Time: Anytime between 10am - 5pm PST (Pacific Time Zone)
Duration: 1 hour
Fee: $25 per student
Tournament fee is non-refundable and non-transferable - 15% of the tournament fee will be donated to participating schools through our school give back programs). For more information about the give back program, please click HERE.
- If you are paying with a Credit Card through PayPal you will see "PAYPAL ELLIPSISACA" on your card statement
- Once registered, if there is any changes needed (name, grade, division, etc.), please fill out a change request form HERE
- To uphold the integrity of the tournament, the test questions and student's answers will be released and emailed to each participant on Dec 5th.
- Registered students who missed the test will not receive the tournament test questions.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please review important information below about the 2022 MCT (description, format, practices, award, sample questions, etc.) before registering. Once you've reviewed the information, to register your student, please scroll down towards the bottom of the page and click on the registration button. MCT Student's Registration closes on Nov 28th.
SCHOOL GIVE BACK PROGRAM
Education is a critical foundation to a bright future and Ellipsis Academy would like to contribute and do our part on this journey. Although the Fall 2022 Math Challenge Tournament® will be held online, Ellipsis Academy will continue to honor the 15% give back programs for eligible and participating public/private schools and/or non-profit centers/organizations.
If your school is participating in the MCT give back program, you can find your school's 3-digit code HERE and enter it in the MCT registration form. If your school is not participating in the give back program, leave the 3-digit code field blank.
You can find more information about the annual National Math Challenge Tournament (including sample questions) HERE
If you are new to Math Challenge Tournament, you can take a look at some sample questions HERE
MCT practice materials are available online to simulate an actual tournament experience. MCT practices consist of tournament materials from past MCT (2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 MCT level 2 - 6 materials). These practices are available HERE and students can use them to practice for Math Challenge Tournament®.
NOTE: there will be a fee of $5 per one MCT practice test. Once students have completed a practice test, an email will be sent to you containing all test questions, student's answer and the correct answers for the ones that student got incorrect.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT, LEVELS AND DIVISIONS
You can find information on this year's tournament format HERE
You can find information on this year's tournament awards HERE
CERTIFICATE AND TOURNAMENT RESULTS
- All registered students can download a certificate that can be printed after they complete the test.
- The individual result will be emailed to each participant on Monday, December 5th. This email will also include a link to download student's certificate along with student's test details (test questions, student's answer and the correct answers for the ones that student got incorrect)
- The tabulated national results for the top 10% will be posted on our website on Friday, December 9th. This will include the names (first name and initial of last name) of students who score in the top 10% nationally.
Please note the following before registering your student(s).
- This tournament will be held online. To successfully take this online test, the following system's requirement must be met:
- Students need to have a desktop, laptop or mobile device with a browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc).
- Good internet connection.
- The tournament fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE
- Since this is an online test, students will need to know how to use a mouse and keyboard to select an answer, navigate from one question to another, etc. They also will need to enter their first name, last name, parent's email and access code. Please note that for younger students (grade 1 and 2), parents might need to help their student on this before they start the test.
- All times indicated are in Pacific Time Zone. Please convert accordingly to your local time zone.
- On Wednesday, November 30th, all registered students will receive an email from info@EllipsisAcademy.com containing the test link, student's access code and other details about this tournament.
- On Dec 3rd, 2022, students can start the test at anytime between 10am - 5pm PST (Pacific Standard Time). This is an automated online test system and the system will automatically close access to any test before 10 am and after 5pm PST.
- The test questions and answers will not be released until Monday, December 5th to uphold the integrity of the tournament.
- Once you have completed your student's registration, our system will automatically send you an email confirmation which also contains a link to MCT practices page. Please look in your spam folder and email info@EllipsisAcademy.com if you don't see this email within 1 hour after registration.
- Students and parents agree to abide by the tournament policy/rules. You can find the MCT policy/rules HERE.
- Please fill out the registration form carefully (name spelling, grade, division, etc.).
- Once registered, if there is any changes needed (name, grade, division, etc.), you can fill out a change request form HERE.
** Tournament fee is non-refundable and non-transferable**
** Registration closes on Nov 28th **
** Registration closes on Nov 28th **